Julie and Charles Salsman, husband and wife team and co-owners of Pop’topia, have always had an interest in healthy eating and fine foods. Charles grew up with paletas in west Texas, while Julie has always appreciated ice cream on a hot summer day. Together, they dreamed of a frozen dessert with mouth-watering flavors, creamy texture, and natural ingredients they could feel good about sharing with the family.
Ripe for the family business, Zack put his accounting career on hold to get back to his roots in New Braunfels. He's got it all under control- creating new recipes, working with local vendors, and even working events when time permits. Every step along the way, Zack is committed to only the best for Pop'topia - quality, sustainability, and community.
What Makes Pop'Topia Different?
We believe food should be good - really good - and that you don't have to sacrifice taste for nutrition. We strive to create classic and innovative flavors for a memorable experience every time you take a bite. Pop'topia pops have a creamy texture and wholesome feel. Close your eyes and taste every ingredient as you drift into dessert utopia.
Check out some of our favorite local suppliers!
- Spearmint - My Father's Farm, Seguin TX
- Basil - Homegrown :)
- Tea etc. - Zhi Tea, Austin TX
- Coffee - Red Bud Roasters, San Marcos TX
- Coffee - Anderson's Coffee, Austin, TX
- Cucumbers - Fruitful Hill Farm, Bastrop TX
- Watermelons - Pena's Farm, Devine TX (at the Castle Hills Farmer's Market)
POP’TOPIA is a member of GO TEXAN with the Texas Department of Agriculture, identified as a Texas business that makes a product grown or processed in Texas. They utilize Texas grown or made products and supplies, in addition to making the pops in Texas.
It's a privilege to give back to worthwhile organizations in our community. We've been fortunate to have the opportunity to raise funds with or donate to the following local groups and charities over the years:
- Wounded Warriors
- New Braunfels Conservation Society
- VBS Community Outreach in the Park
- New Braunfels Library Foundation
- Believing for Bryleigh (Metachromatic Leukodystrophy Disease)
- Family Promise (support for homeless families)
- Chosen Marathon (adoption)
- New Braunfels Downtown Rotary
- Hays County Food Bank
- KLRN Central Texas
- New Braunfels High School MJROTC
- New Braunfels Heritage Society
- BSA Troop 133